Recently, I have been reading post and articles about the top ten things people should be doing before 10am. While many of the items are things that I am currently doing, some of the others are things that I know I should be doing but aren’t. I do that changing my morning routine to better suit me versus “what I should be doing” was one of the best things I ever done. If I don’t complete my morning routine, I feel off and awkward the rest of the day.
10 Things I Do Before 10 am
- Prayer – Every morning I pray. One of the goals is to pray as soon as I open my eyes but quite often that occurs in the shower or while feeding the dog. But praying in the morning definitely helps to transform my mornings. Soon I am hoping to incorporate reading the Bible for five minutes each morning. I may use the First 5 app.
- Stretching – I complete the stretches that I learned in physical therapy and incorporate some yoga movements. I am training for another 1/2 marathon and I don’t want to end up with the same leg issues as before. Also, I am the most inflexible person and I am seeking to fix that again. I fixed it previously with stretching each morning and I am hoping to do that again.
POP Pilates – Stretching for Flexibility with Blogilates10 Perfect Morning Stretches to Increase Energy with Blogilates
- Exercise – Exercising in the morning is amazing and harder than you think especially if you are not fully awake. I tend to do a HIIT workout that is 10-20 minutes because I don’t like working out. Finding HIIT was the best thing I could have ever done. If I could manage running early in the morning, I would run instead. But, I am not fully awake in the morning and that is a hazard to my clumsy health.
8 min at Home Cardio Workout! with Blogilates
POP Pilates: BODYPOP! HIIT Bodyweight Workout with Blogilates
Train Insane HIIT Workout! with Blogilates
10 Minute Beginner HIIT Workout with Athlean – XX for Women (One of my favorites and will get your body RIGHT quickly)
- Read – I attempt to read each morning no matter what I am reading. Blog post, books, news, whatever. I am reading it. For the next 40
daysI am going to attempt to get through the Draw the Circle – The 40 Day Prayer Challenger (Mark Batterson.
- Feed and Walk the Pupster – I feel as though this goes without saying but the Pupster needs to be fed and walked in the morning. Feeding him is the first thing that occurs in the morning, and walking is one of the last things before I leave for work.
- Make breakfast and lunch – If I didn’t make breakfast and lunch for the week on Sunday (normally I don’t) then I make them in the morning. I am more likely to eat my lunch if it is made that day. I don’t really like eating leftovers so this ensures I don’t ditch my lunch in order to buy one at work.
- Coffee and NPR – I like my coffee and since I don’t watch the news, I listen to NPR using the NRP One app. It is incredibly relaxing.
- Hygiene – I think this goes without saying. Completing my body and
facialroutine is a very essential step toleaving the house.
- Get Dressed – Another one that goes without saying. Unless I want a ticket for indecent exposure or
frost biteon some bodyparts clothes are required.
- Listen to Podcast – I walk to work each morning so while I am walking to work I listen to my podcast. I have an entire post on my favorite podcasts for the morning commute.
What do you do in the morning? Leave a message in the comments.
You Might Have Missed
- Slipping From Fall to Partial Remission
- A New Transition
- Books That Changed My Life
- Re-establishing Your Relationship with Christ
- 10 Things I Do Before 10am to Ensure a Perfect day