Hello, Curlies! Thank you for being extremely patient with us during this extended two-week break. Two weeks quickly turned into four weeks in the blink of an eye. Of course, Takyra and I have our own explanations of the craziness that happened to occur in the span of those two weeks turned into four weeks. But, rest assured we are definitely back until December 21st when we will be taking our winter break.
Since we were gone for four weeks here is a slight recap of the craziness that went on during our time apart.
What Had Happened Was…..
- I MOVED! I decided recently that I no longer wish to live in the suburbs, but I had to find a place in the city that was reasonably priced and close to my job. As I grew up in the actual city of Detroit, it was nice to return. I was VERY lucky to locate a very cheap apartment in a location that would take my pupster and located within walking distance to my job.
- It was well known that I would have to complete student research within my master program, but I was constantly told that this would ONLY occur during the last semester of my program. Only to enroll in classes for the fall semester and discover that I had to write, conduct, and publish my own research! Apparently, the final research project at the end of the program is built on the research from this semester.
- My dream cheap apartment came with NO storage and I have basically been living in disorganization for the last 3 weeks until I finally settled on an organization system for each room. Anyone that knows me understands that I can not operate in clutter and disorganization.
- I am currently writing this in Dallas because I was asked to attend a work conference at the last minute. Only to have to turn around and leave next weekend for a planned conference.
- Training for my ½ marathon has picked up the pace. The race is in two weeks and I am pumped! Over the last month, I went from only training for 20-30 mins to training lasting up to 2 hours. While I run significantly slower than previously, I have learned that it takes me about 3-4 miles to completely warm up and be able to run without feeling as though I am dying.
Thankfully, everything is currently back on schedule, and my student research is officially submitted to the IRB. Welcome back!!!