Isaiah 43:1-2 – “But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, And he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are mine.”
My relationship with God has been rather steady since accepting Him into my life in 2015. But lately that steady relationship has been rocky or possible almost nearly non-existent. I don’t know exactly when it started to dissolve, but it did. Maybe it was when I took off my cross ring, maybe it was during my time of stress where I attempting to solve my own problems versus leaning on Him.
Either way, I didn’t realize the deterioration until I decided to visit churches in order to find a new church home. Despite my daily prayer life, my prayers had become rituals, stale, and I was basically reciting the same prayers over and over with no thought, rhyme or reason. If you are worried about your lost relationship with God, and hoping to re-establish that relationship but don’t know how. Here are some steps that should help to re-establish that relationship.
Steps to Re-establishing Your Relationship with God
- Morning Rhythm – One of the best components of my morning routine is to make God my first priority in the morning. Praying to Him before my feet hit the floor is an essential part of my day. One of my favorite morning prayers is “Thank you Jesus for waking me. Thank you for the life you gave and the opportunity that this day will provide.”
- Another way to incorporate God into your mornings is to have 20 mins of couch time with God where you read a chapter of the new and old testament and the Proverb that corresponds to the day of the month. Also, the First 5 app (https://first5.org/) is a great way to start off the day. Each reading takes five minutes and it is a product of Proverb 31 Ministries (https://proverbs31.org).
- Downloading the Daily Audio Bible podcast (https://dailyaudiobible.com/) is another good way to incorporate God and the Bible into your daily life.
- Remembering to touch base with Him throughout the day often makes small miracles. Small prayers throughout the day can often help with the stresses and challenges of the day.
- For those social media heavy people, follow accounts that are godly and remind you to speak with Him. I follow several inspiring accounts that help me to remember to rest and trust in Him.
- Subscribe to Desiring God (https://www.desiringgod.org/) via podcast and/or newsletter via the website. Getting a daily email reminder about God helps to keep him foremost in your mind. My favorite podcasts from Paster John Piper is Look at the Book where he breaks down one or several passages in the bible in interactive form. The other is Ask Pastor John where he answers the tough questions about God that are asked by the public.
Recognizing that you have become separated from God from the flock is the first and hardest step. But once you acknowledge that you have strayed you can return.
You Might Also Like:
- Re-establishing Your Relationship with Christ
- 10 Things I Do Before 10am to Ensure a Perfect day
- March 2019 Monthly Budget
- What is Slow Blogging?
- January Goals Review- 2019 Goals Series